- A valid passport is required for entry into the country of Belize. Canadian and US citizens do not need a visa.
- Non-US citizens, please contact the nearest consulate or embassy of the country to which you are traveling to determine your entry/visa requirements.
- There is a $35.00 USD departure fee charged at the Belize airport.
- US citizens are allowed to bring back $400 worth of merchandise duty-free.
- Currency is the Belizean dollar, which currently trades at a fixed rate of BZ$2 to US$1.
- US Dollars are accepted everywhere in Belize.
- ATMs ARE available at the grocery store near Blue Tang Inn and local banks in San Pedro.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted at the Blue Tang Inn.
- Traveler’s Checks are not widely accepted in Belize because:
- The bank changes a rate of $1.9825Bz (no longer $2Bz – $1US)2). When depositing, it takes 3 days for the money to be reflected into the hotel bank account.
- Gratuity is not automatically added to the bill. We request 10-15% gratuity be left at the hotel front desk upon checkout.
- The time zone is Central Standard Time (US and Canada)
Transportation From Belize International to Ambergris Caye
- Blue Tang Inn is happy to arrange Island Air for your guests from Belize International Airport to Ambergris Caye. The flights run every hour until 5:30pm and are 15-20 minutes in duration. Contact us at email@example.com for more information and reservations.
- Blue Tang Inn provides complementary roundtrip taxi transfer from the San Pedro Airstrip to the Blue Tang Inn (provided that we know your arrival time into San Pedro).
San Pedro Belize Express: www.belizewatertaxi.com or (011) 501-223-2225 (dialing from USA)
- $15.00 US per person each way
- Boats accommodate 40 passengers – passengers allotted two bags each
- To make reservations or receive additional information, go to www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
From Belize City to Caye Caulker and San Pedro (1 1/2 hr. duration):
- Departs 8:00 am, 9:00am, 10:30 am, 12 Noon, 1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm and 5:30pm
From San Pedro to Caye Caulker and Belize City (1 1/2 hour duration):
- 6:00am, 6:30am, 7:30am, 8:30am, 10:0am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm and 4:30pm
Private Transportation by Boat from BZE International Airport to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Nautilus Express BZD
Vista Del Mar, Ladyville, Belize
Phone:+ (501) 671-1414/ + (501) 669-1411
Nautilus Express Pricing:
(ALL PRICES ARE REFLECTED IN U.S. Dollars)
|Distance||One way||Round Trip|
|San Pedro Town||$95.00 pp||$140.00 pp|
|Kindly Note: The minimum we transfer are 6 persons. We have group rates available for 10 persons or more and V.I.P. charters.|
|Thank you for using our service!|
Transportation in San Pedro
- Golf carts, bicycles and walking are the main mode of transportation on Ambergris Caye. Golf carts are available for rental.
- Taxis are also available in San Pedro when needed. Rates should be negotiated in advance when you get in the taxi.
- English is the official language of Belize, although Spanish, Creole, Garifuna and Mayan are widely spoken throughout the country.
- 120 volts/60 cycles, which is compatible with the US
- Hair Dryers are provided in each guest bathroom at Blue Tang Inn
Health and Safety
- Blue Tang Inn is safe and comfortable. There is a safety deposit box in each suite.
- There are 5-gallon jugs of bottled water located on each floor of the Blue Tang Inn. Feel free to refill the pitcher in your refrigerator with bottled water for drinking.
- You can feel comfortable brushing your teeth and showering with the water at the Blue Tang Inn.
- Bring sun block and drink lots of water in the tropical heat.
- Mosquito repellent is good to apply during dusk, as that is the most bothersome time for bugs.
- The climate in Belize is sub-tropical, with a brisk breeze from the Caribbean Sea.
- The annual temperatures average a warm 80 degrees. Trade winds blow along the coast and cayes most of the year, keeping temperatures comfortable, even in the hottest months.
- November to January are traditionally the coolest months with a 75°F average and May to September are the warmest at about a 81°F average.
If you have an International Plan with your cell phone, International calls from Belize are very expensive. You will be charged for all calls and outgoing texts. We suggest connecting to WiFi at Blue Tang Inn and using Skype or FaceTime. If you want a local # for people to reach you, you can rent a local phone.