Blue Tang Inn staff look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country. Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation.
The following are some guidelines to help prepare you for your trip and what you can expect when you arrive in Belize.
Before Your Visit
- Persons entering Belize ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED to download and complete the Belize Health App prior to arrival.
- You are required to complete the Customs and Immigration form that is provided to you on your flight to Belize.
- International tourists – Must book a stay at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation at immigration.
On Arrival in Belize:
- You will disembark the plane and proceed to health screening.
- All travelers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering Belize through the Phillip Goldson International Airport from other countries will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test.
- A negative result of Covid-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel is required.
- If no test is presented, a Covid-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of $50US per person. Children under 5 years will not be required to present a negative test.
- Visitors who test positive, will be placed in a Government approved hotel for a minimum 14-day quarantine at the passengers’ expense.
Upon arrival to San Pedro Airport
At baggage claim in San Pedro, our van and driver will greet you with a Blue Tang Inn sign.
Our driver has ensured the vehicle has been sanitized before you enter. Our driver will also sanitize the handles of your luggage before picking up to put in the van. Our driver will be wearing a mask for your protection and we ask that you do the same.
At Blue Tang Inn
To ensure the safety of our hotel staff and other guests staying on-property we ask that you respect the following measures.
- Our staff will greet you upon your arrival, reminding you to wash your hands, then proceeding to get your temperate checked and logged, then you can visit our office for checking in.
- Wash your hands regularly using soap for 20 seconds either in your guest room or at the sanitizing sink under the Palapa at Blue Tang Inn. We highly recommend washing your hands when you leave and enter the property.
- We will also provide hand sanitizer in common areas of the hotel, such as the lobby, front desk, pool and palapa areas.
- Under Belize protocols, face masks are required to be worn in public by all adults and children over the age of (6) years. Please plan to wear a face mask while in the lobby or while entering or exiting the dining areas. If you do not have a mask, Blue Tang Inn will provide one to you complimentary.
- Please respect other guests and staff by maintaining 6 feet of distance from others while you are enjoying the property. Pool and beach chairs will be set 6’ apart. Feel free to ask our staff to move chairs together with others.
During your Stay in Belize:
- While in country facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces, and you are expected to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
- Please let us know what your interests are and we will gladly arrange these tours for you with a Gold Standard approved tour operator.
- A full list of tours offered by Blue Tang Inn can be reserved ahead of time or on-site online at: https://www.viator.com/searchResults/all?text=blue%20tang%20inn&destId=5072
- All tours will be conducted to maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other guests or privately when we can offer it.
- Contact us with questions. We are happy to help. [email protected] or 1-507-519-6000 US Phone.
Belize is now offering COVID testing for passengers traveling to the US, Canada, and other destinations that require proof of a negative COVID test for entry.
Blue Tang Inn can arrange a Covid-19 Test for our Guests. Please visit the front desk or email [email protected] to arrange 24-48 hours ahead of when you need to test.
For further information on the new destination protocols and frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
Thank you for choosing Belize, and we look forward to having you with us!