There’s plenty to love about trips to Belize’s warm, sunny, sandy beaches. From world-class scuba diving to gorgeous sunset sails, it’s the perfect warm-weather destination for those just entering the cooler fall and winter seasons. But if you’re looking for the best beaches in Belize, you’ll want to head out to Ambergris Caye, near the popular resort town of San Pedro.
Though it’s not hard to find great beaches in Belize, a country with plenty of miles of coastline and hundreds of offshore islands and cayes, some beaches are better than others. Of course, we’re partial to those out here on Ambergris Caye – but many agree – this stunning area of the county is home to some of the best beaches in Belize.
Of course, while you’re enjoying lounging on the best beaches in Belize, scuba diving on the stunning Belize Barrier Reef, and otherwise relaxing in the way you deserve this fall, there’s only one place worth staying, and that is our San Pedro, Belize Hotel. We’re located right on the beach in downtown San Pedro, within walking distance to many great restaurants and shops, and offer full-concierge service to help you plan a fantastic trip in Belize.
It’s time you experienced the best beaches in Belize in person. Book your room at our San Pedro, Belize hotel today!
The Best Beaches in Belize
One of the most popular and well-developed beach destinations in Belize is Ambergris Caye, which is Belize’s largest island and just so happens to be where you’ll find our San Pedro, Belize hotel. Accordingly, you’ll also find some of the best beaches in Belize here. Though there are plenty of things to do in San Pedro and the waters surrounding Ambergris Caye, it’s hard to argue with a day spent lounging at the beach.
When finding the best beaches in Belize, you’ll want to first look at the north and south ends of Ambergris Caye. One of the best beaches in Belize in this area for swimming is across from Ramon’s Village Resort. The waters here are crystal clear, and the sands are raked, making it the perfect place to sunbathe and cool off with a quick dip in the water. Another great stretch that qualifies as one of the best beaches in Belize is Mar de Tumbo, which is just a short walk from San Pedro Town or a quick bike or golf cart ride away from our San Pedro, Belize hotel.
There are, of course, beaches right in front of our San Pedro, Belize hotel, but the frequent boat traffic makes these areas less than ideal for a day of lounging and swimming. Instead, we love sending our guests by golf cart to the island’s north side, away from the reefs. You’ll find soft, sandy-bottom beaches and plenty of new beach clubs to enjoy, not to mention some of the best beaches in Belize. Of the many options, our favorite is Secret Beach, which isn’t really that secret!
Of course, there are plenty more places worth mentioning as the best beaches in Belize. If you’re interested in day trips to other Cayes, islands, or atolls in the area, contact us and see what we can do for you!
More Great Things to do in Belize
Whether you’ve come to Ambergris Caye to do nothing more than lounge on some of the best beaches in Belize or you plan to work in some other adventures during your time with us, one thing is for sure: You won’t run out of things to do in San Pedro, Belize. Whether you’re an avid scuba diver looking to explore Belize’s vibrant underworld along the Belize Barrier Reef or whether you’d prefer to roam historic ruins and lounge at local Palapa Bars, we’re here to help.
We also offer a range of tours and activities at our San Pedro, Belize hotel to help you simplify your planning. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in San Pedro, Belize, to inspire your vacation planning.
- There’s nothing better than exploring the vibrant underworld along the Belize Barrier Reef, where you’ll find world-famous destinations like the Hol Chan Marine Preserve, The Great Blue Hole, and Shark Ray Alley. We work with local companies to provide excellent diving and snorkeling trips to these areas and more.
- Set sail aboard our gorgeous Sirena Azul boat, and enjoy the spectacular scenery unfolding before you.
- Apart from being a world-class diving destination, Belize is also renowned for its Fishing, and we offer several ways for you to get out and find your catch.
- When you want to take a break from the water, consider one of the inland day trips to places like the Altun Ha Maya Ruins or enjoy some cave tubing and ziplining.
- Hop on a golf cart and head into San Pedro town for a bit of exploring various art galleries, shops, and more. Aside from foot and bike, it’s the only way to get around town!
- Enjoy eating out at some of the most delicious San Pedro, Belize restaurants, many of which are an easy walk from our San Pedro, Belize hotel. One of our favorites is the Palapa Bar & Grill, right in front of our Inn, and the truck Stop is another fantastic option.
- Relax at the pool and enjoy a down day at our excellent San Pedro, Belize hotel.
- Discover the delicious tradition of chocolate in Belize, which dates back to the Mayans, while visiting the Belize Chocolate Company in San Pedro.
The best beaches in Belize and so much more are within easy reach when you stay with us at our #1-rated beachfront San Pedro, Belize hotel. We’d love nothing more than to help you plan the vacation of your dreams. Book your dream vacation to Belize today!