If you’re looking for an unforgettable Caribbean resort vacation in 2023, don’t miss the beautiful, laid-back experience in charming San Pedro. San Pedro is located just off the mainland of Belize on Ambergris Caye. There are more than enough things to do in San Pedro, Belize – not least of which is spending long, relaxing days on the beach.
Ambergris Caye is perhaps best known for its unprecedented access to top Scuba diving sites along the Belize Barrier Reef, including the Great Blue Hole and the Hol Chan Marine Preserve. However, that is just the beginning of things to do in San Pedro, Belize. To make the most of your vacation in Belize, there’s only one place worth considering for lodging, and that is our top-rated Belize Resort, the Blue Tang Inn.
Unlike other top-rated Caribbean resorts, the Blue Tang Inn is ideally suited for a variety of travelers, including those traveling on solo adventures, couples, honeymooners, and families traveling together. Our Belize resort is small, intimate, and staffed exclusively by friendly and knowledgeable locals who love ensuring you have the best time during your Caribbean vacation!
It’s time to stop daydreaming about your next vacation. Instead, let’s make it a reality. Book your room at our top-rated Belize Resort today!
10 Best Things to do in San Pedro, Belize, in 2023
The average trip to Ambergris Caye is around a week, which is partly because there are so many things to do in San Pedro, Belize. It’s also because it can sometimes take a week to fully relax and unwind, which is the entire point of taking a Caribbean vacation in the first place! Between taking scuba or snorkeling trips out on the Belize Barrier Reef to driving a golf cart to famous places around Ambergris Caye, there are plenty of things to do in San Pedro, Belize.
To help keep travel planning simple, we offer the same amenities as most all-inclusive Belize Resorts, meaning we’ll help you arrange for all your water and land-based activities, we’ll make reservations for dinner on your behalf, we’ll help secure golf cart rentals, and just about anything else you need during your time at our Belize Resort. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in San Pedro, Belize, so you can start dreaming and planning about warm, sunny, Caribbean vacations today!
- Scuba diving in Belize is renowned the world over, and as such, planning dive trips and snorkeling adventures on the Belize Barrier Reef is one of the top-rated things to do in San Pedro, Belize. Aside from the famed Great Blue Hole, the world’s largest sea hole of its kind, other top-rated dive destinations include Shark Ray Alley at the Hol chan Marine Preserve.
- The waters around Ambergris Caye are rated some of the best fishing waters in the world – part of the reason you enjoy so much great seafood at local restaurants in San Pedro! If you want to try your hand at fishing, we’d love to arrange a day trip for you.
- With the sun on your face and the wind in your hair, there are few better things to do in San Pedro, Belize, than to set sail aboard our own boat, the Sirena Azul. It’s modeled after traditional fishing boats in Belize, and we offer several daily tours, including sunset sails.
- Rent a golf cart for a day and take in the sights around Ambergris Caye. One of the most popular destinations to reach via golf cart is Secret Beach, arguably one of the best beaches in Belize.
- Want to take a break from the wind and the seas? No problem! There’s a lot to do on mainland Belize, and it’s easy to get there. Take one of our inland day trips to visit Mayan Ruins, go cave tubing, or have fun flying through the trees on ziplines.
- Take a ferry to Caye Caulker, another charming resort destination nearby. You’ll find great restaurants, charming shops, beautiful beaches, and plenty of fun in the sun.
- Experience the rugged beauty of untouched portions of Belize’s coastline at the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This area is also home to the Chac Balam Mayan ruins.
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife in San Pedro town. We’re within walking distance of many of the top-rated restaurants and bars in town, which offer a fun place to unwind, listen to live music, and chat with locals at the end of the day. When you return home, you’ll be welcomed by our 24-hour security guards to ensure you feel safe in Belize.
- Don’t feel like doing much for the day? That’s perfectly ok, too! One of the best things to do in San Pedro, Belize, is to relax at our intimate resort, where you’ll have a pool and plenty of amenities to enjoy.
- Finally, one of our favorite things to do in San Pedro, Belize, is to explore the charming town of San Pedro itself. You’ll find several locally-inspired shops and art galleries to visit. Above all else, it’s a great place to wander and get an authentic feel for this laid-back Caribbean paradise.
Stay at the Best Belize Resort in 2023
For what looks like any other sleepy, laid-back town in the Caribbean, there are a surprising number of things to do in San Pedro, Belize. You can have as much fun as you want but still find plenty of ways to relax, unwind, and enjoy your vacation on island time. That is, after all, one of the main reasons to take a Caribbean vacation in the first place.
To that end, we find that one of the best things to do in San Pedro, Belize is not to take part in every activity possible but to ensure plenty of downtime at our laid-back Belize Resort. Our resort truly is one of the best Caribbean resorts for couples, not to mention a leading Caribbean destination for families. From the moment you arrive at our Belize Resort, you’ll see what makes this a special place.
Our Belize Resort offers just 14 guest suites, a far cry from hundreds of rooms at traditional resorts and hotels. This intimate environment makes our Belize Resort so unique, as it allows our local staff to deliver unprecedented personalized hospitality. When you do want to enjoy all the great things to do in San Pedro, Belize, we’re centrally located to the best of it.
We operate a full-service concierge and would love to help you customize your vacation package, allowing you even more time to enjoy the relaxed vibe of our coveted Belize Resort. If you’re ready for an unforgettable Caribbean vacation in 2023, now is the time to book your room at our #1-rated Belize Resort!