If you’ve not yet heard of the stunning Ambergris Caye in Belize, now is the time to visit. In fact, in 2022, TripAdvisor rated Ambergris Caye as one of the best places to visit. That is partly thanks to the many things to do in Ambergris Caye but also partly due to its exceptional beauty and the relative ease of getting there from various locations around the United States.
Ambergris Caye is Belize’s largest island and is home to the popular seaside resort town of San Pedro, Belize. It’s a spectacular destination for divers, as from here, there’s easy access to top-rated diving locations along the Belize Barrier Reef, including the famous Blue Hole. With various great beaches, gorgeous scenery, numerous watersports, and plenty more things to do in San Pedro, it’s no wonder Ambergris Caye has become such a coveted destination in recent years.
With so many fantastic things to do in Ambergris Caye, you’ll need to spend at least a few days there, if not more. There’s no better place to stay in the area than our top-rated hotel in San Pedro. Our hotel is staffed by locals who take the meaning of hospitality to the next level. They are the best resource for helping you plan your trip, including knowing all the best things to do in Ambergris Caye.
From helping you to book diving and snorkeling trips to the Belize Barrier Reef or recommending their favorite restaurants in town, our staff delights in sharing a bit of their San Pedro town with you! It’s one of the many things that set our hotel in San Pedro apart from the competition. Our small, intimate beachfront location offers a fantastic range of accommodations and amenities.
This winter is one of the best times of year to visit Belize’s coastal paradise on Ambergris Caye. What are you waiting for? Book your room at our hotel in San Pedro, Belize, today!
The Best Things to do in Ambergris Caye, Belize
Though many people tend to focus only on the vibrant, charming resort town of San Pedro, there are so many more things to do in Ambergris Caye – and that includes getting off the Caye itself and exploring all the vibrant offshore locations like the Blue Hol, the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark Ray Alley, and so much more. San Pedro Town really is just the beginning of things to do in Ambergris Caye!
To make your planning easy and hassle-free, our hotel in San Pedro offers a range of tours and activities, all of which can be arranged directly with our hotel for ease during your travels and which highlight the best things to do in Ambergris Caye. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in the area in hopes of helping you to plan an unforgettable adventure this winter.
- There isn’t a doubt in our minds that one of the best things to do in Ambergris Caye is to explore the vast underwater world just off its shores. We offer our guests access to the best diving and snorkeling trips around the stunning and protected Belize Barrier Reef, including top-rated destinations like the Hol Chan Marine Preserve, The Great Blue Hole, and Shark Ray Alley.
- If you’d rather go fishing for all that underwater sealife, we can help you with that, too! Fishing is another one of the most popular things to do in Ambergris Caye, whose waters are considered some of the best fishing spots in the country.
- If heading underwater isn’t for you, you can still enjoy setting sail and admiring the area’s natural beauty aboard our sailboat, the Sirena Azul.
- Most people head to Belize for its beautiful beaches, and it’s not surprising that some of the best beaches in Belize are found right here on the Ambergris Caye.
- Hop in a golf cart and explore the diverse shops in San Pedro Town – easily one of the most fun things to do in Ambergris Caye!
- Don’t miss the vibrant colors and art displayed at the leading art galleries in San Pedro, including the popular Belizean Arts.
- Visiting the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve might be one of the most underrated things to do in Ambergris Caye, but it’s more than worth the boat ride. Here, you’ll see Mayan ruins and have the chance to snorkel or dive in this protected part of the island.
- Taste some of the finest chocolate at the Belize Chocolate Company in San Pedro.
- Throughout your stay, of course, enjoy dining at the charming array of San Pedro restaurants.
- Don’t miss your chance to visit the area’s bars at night. Indulging in the nightlife scene is one of the most popular things to do in Ambergris Caye. Popular spots include Palapa Bar, Wayo’s, Sandy Toes, Croc’s Sunset Bar & Grill, and Jaguar’s Temple.
The Best Hotel in San Pedro, Belize
While there are plenty of great things to do in Ambergris Caye, one of the more popular reasons to come to this stunning beachside retreat is to relax and unwind away from the stressors of home. That is particularly true after the busy holiday season that’s on the horizon. Winter is a fantastic time to escape to the beach and enjoy all the top-rated things to do in Ambergris Caye. While you’re here, center your vacation around staying at the #1-rated hotel in San Pedro, the Blue Tang Inn.
Our San Pedro hotel is well-located on the beach and within walking distance of many of the top restaurants and attractions in San Pedro. From the moment you first arrive, you’ll see and feel the difference a small, intimate Inn can make compared to a larger, more traditional resort. Our staff is entirely local, meaning you’ll experience the authentic warm, friendly hospitality Belize is known for.
You can expect high-quality, personalized service, made possible by our small size. We offer just 14 guest suites and plenty of common spaces to relax and unwind. When you do want to enjoy all the great things to do in Ambergris Caye, you’ll find our staff to be extremely helpful in arranging your activities. We’re more than happy to put together a customized package so you genuinely enjoy the best things in this island paradise.
Our San Pedro hotel tends to every detail of your stay, so your stress truly will be gone when it’s finally time to return home. Are you ready for an unforgettable island adventure? Book your room at our #1-rated San Pedro hotel today!